Monday, December 28, 2009

Valuable Gadgets in the Kitchen!


It can be the little things in life, that make a major difference!

Starting with Thanksgiving, Christmas parties, to New Year's (and Bowl games!), there are lots of gatherings and people to prepare for, some include out of town guests. With all the extra activities and effort to make something special, does something stand out as a time saver? Do you have a clever gadget in your kitchen that makes what you do easier?

I've got one that is such a stress buster, because it is so fun to use! It reminds me of the carefree days of childhood in the midst of trying to assemble a meal. Anything that makes one pause and laugh is priceless! Everyone that sees my garlic cutter, wants one for themselves, so I want to share it with you.

Won't you share with us your favorite?

Being a remodeling business owner, time is precious, and I don't get to spend time preparing tasty dishes as I would like. I am very grateful that my Mother was able to get out of Nebraska to visit us this Christmas before the blizzard made travel impossible, and I wanted to make a special dinner for her. She likes to eat light at night, so the menu was salad, homemade vegetable soup and garlic sourdough toast lightly dusted with goat cheese, with a raw/live, antioxidant rich blueberry-raspberry pie for dessert (sweetened by dates/no sugar or flour/gluten), all organic. Now I can't very well chop garlic, get it on my fingers, then press an almond date pie crust into a pan! Who wants blueberry pie with the flavor of garlic! Using this handy-dandy gadget pictured above, you pop in the cloves, and play car on your counter! You zoom around and the garlic gets chopped into uniform pieces.

I negotiated a savings of $1.00 for all my readers for the Zoom Rolling Garlic Cutter-- lowering the price to $8.98! They also will give 20% off of the items in the giftbasket shop until January 12th. Just make sure to type in "cook remodeling" in the comment box for your savings! They are located in the U.S. garlic capital, Gilroy, California, and sell their own food and sauces.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment